Feb 3, 2011

Gala Fall 2010

GALA: a festive occasion; celebration.  It was definitely all of that and more.  Gala is an event put on every term by the students at SGU.  It's a time for dressing up, eating, drinking, dancing, and basically indulging yourself with all the students, spouses, and even professors.  As this was our first Gala at SGU, I was unsure of what to expect.  It was held this term at The Centre for Life in the center of Newcastle.  It is a science discovery museum and apparently is very popular with the kids and families in Newcastle.  On Gala night, it was very popular with the students of SGU Newcastle.  Josh and I had a fabulous time despite the fact that I was on crutches.  I think I might have forgotten to mention in a previous post, but while traveling in Scotland with my parents, I reinjured my knee leaving me on crutches for almost 4 weeks and causing me to have my 3rd knee surgery.  But that's a whole different story. So where was I?  Ah yes, Gala, on crutches...Unfortunately, due to my crutches situation, I was unable to do much, okay any, dancing.  But Josh and I did have fun watching all the other slightly inebriated (maybe more than slight, but hey they study all day and night, they deserve one night of shenanigans) students.  Most of our good friends came to the event as well and it was definitely a night to remember.

Rachel, Me, Blaire

Tarrah, Me, Allison

Ryan & Austin (He was dancing!)
We are already looking forward to Gala Spring 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment