Sep 23, 2011

Twenty

Remember in my last post I said I had another birthday to attend?  Well on Wednesday night we celebrated my good friend Sara's 20th birthday.  She's no longer a teenager anymore!  I sometimes can't believe she was married and living in a foreign country at the young age of 18.  But I am jealous that at such a young age she has been all over the world and experienced so many things that I hadn't when I was her age.

Birthday Girl Sara and I
Sara had told us during the summer (seems weird to call any season "summer" since they all seem the same here) that she wanted a bonfire at the beach for her 20th birthday.  So we planned a bonfire on Magazine Beach complete with hot dogs, soda, lots of cake, and best of all mosquitos!  I think all who attended where pretty eaten up by the end of the night.  It's really too bad mosquitos don't drink fat instead of blood.  I'd be getting SUPER skinny!
Kelsey, Me, Amber, Laura, Blaire

Kelsey and I

Me, Emily, Lyndzee, and Blaire
 I'm sorry to say Grandma Scurlock, but Joshua was yet again not in attendance. Too much studying to do to spare a couple of hours. (She wonders why Josh is never in the pictures-TIG).

Anyway, we had a little trouble starting the bonfire, but luckily Sarah G. came to the rescue and showed off her Girlscout skills in fire making.  So we roasted some hotdogs and ate them watching the sun go down.

At this time of year, Magazine Beach might be one of the best spots to watch the sun go down.  It continues to amaze me how beautiful the sunsets are here and how different they all are.  They are never exactly the same.  Maybe one of these days I will get up early enough to watch the sun rise.  I'm sure that's beautiful too.



I hope that Sara enjoyed her birthday party.  I am so thankful to call her a friend and loved being able to celebrate her special day with her. Welcome to the twenties Sara!
Newcastle Girls!
Sarah G., Sara W. (Birthday Girl), Lyndzee, Michelle, Me, Emily, Blaire, & Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment