Sep 14, 2011

The Glad Game

I was asked a little over a month ago to write a guest post for a blog called The Graduate Wife.  This blog was created by a couple of wives of graduate students who wanted to build a community for women in the same situation as them, following their men around the world, helping to chase their dream.  I was honored to be asked to write for them, and a little intimidated too. 

I am not a writer.  I was a science major in college.  My blog is NOT so that I can get noticed and become a full time blogger.  In fact, it's written mostly so that my family and friends at home can keep up with what Josh and I are doing on a day to day basis and secondly so that I can have a written record of our years in medical school.  So I did the only thing I know how to do, I wrote from my heart.  It may not be award winning journalism or an essay that would earn me an A+ in an English class, but it is totally me, from beginning to end.

As the wife of a medical student, I struggle all the time with feelings of loneliness, homesickness, and sometimes even resentment.  But in the past year or so, I have found that finding something, anything, to be "Glad" about in any given situation can really help keep me in a better state of mind.  I have made lots of new friends here in Grenada that are struggling with these same kinds of issues and I urge them to check out my GUEST POST on The Graduate Wife.  My hope is that it might help another medical school wife or graduate wife with their struggles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment