Mar 28, 2016

Easter Week

I'm ALL about the build-up for holidays.  Christmas preparations start the day after Thanksgiving.  Halloween attire can be worn the entire month of October and pink and red should be rocked all of February.  This year, there wasn't much time between St. Patrick's Day and Easter and so I felt the need to jam pack the couple of weeks leading up to Easter Sunday with lots of Easter goodness...bunny ears included.

This was the first year I let Ryan dye Easter eggs.  Josh asked me after the fact what the point of this activity is.  And to be honest, other than having pretty colored eggs I'm not entirely sure.  But Ryan thought it was fun and that's all that matters right?  I let her dye nine eggs.  I think 6 of the 9 made it through the toddler egg dying process without getting cracked.  Not too bad.  However, then at least three more ended up cracked when said toddler tried to get them off the counter later.  Thank goodness I hard boiled them!




Rory wore this "HOP" sweatshirt almost every day last week.  I found it at Gap last year while I was pregnant in the "boys" section for about $4.00 and I'm so glad I got it.  I wish I would have bought it in like every size!  There's just something about babies in sweatshirts that I can't help but love.

And forget the Easter Lilies.....I'm all about the tulips.  Like all about them.
We didn't visit the Easter bunny.  Shocking I know.  But I've never been a huge fan of seeing the Easter bunny.  We were actually at the mall on Friday and we saw him from a distance.  I asked Ryan if she wanted to go see him, to which she said yes.  But then when I asked if she wanted to go sit with him she said "nope."  So we waved from the gate and there were no tears and I got to save my $30.00.  We'll chalk that up as a win.



No comments:

Post a Comment