Oct 13, 2011

A "Wii"lly Fun Night

Last Saturday, the SO's participated in the Wii Tournament at SGU.  It was a video game competition raising money for Mt. Gay Psychiatric Hospital in Grenada, the famine in Somalia, and the Urban Humanitarian Project in New York.

I know what you're thinking...me?  Videogames?  We didn't even have Nintendo in my house growing up, a sin I know.  But don't worry, I didn't play.  I just supported.  In fact if there had been a spirit award given out, I'm 100% positive the SO team would have won it.  We even did the wave during Wii baseball.  I'm not kidding.

Lots of clubs from SGU participated in the competition.  There were also drinks being sold and a raffle.  It was $30EC for an arms length of tickets and $60.00EC for a bodys length.  CLEARLY tall people had a major advantage!  That being said, I didn't win. Shocker.

The chancellor at SGU agreed to match (up to $50,000EC) the money that was raised in the tournament.  I'm not sure what the final count was this term, but last term they raised $80,000EC and I'm pretty sure more was raised this term!  It was a fun night with friends and I look forward to next terms Wii Tournament.  I'm gonna ask them about a spirit award in the future!
Some of the SO Wii team!

No comments:

Post a Comment