Oct 2, 2011

Mt. Carmel Falls

On Friday, the SO's took a trip to Mount Carmel Falls.  It is about a 45 minute ride from SGU but we didn't notice the time because we were having so much fun chatting!  We arrived at Mt. Carmel ready to hike.
The hike to the first fall was only about 20 minutes long, but we were plenty hot by the time we got there and ready for a dip in the cool water. 

The first fall is pretty tall, with a large pool underneath that is perfect for swimming in.


After swimming for a bit, we headed to the next fall, which is actually more of a rock slide.  This one was my favorite because you could slide all the way down it.
Climbing up to this was a bit of a challenge because it was SUPER slippery and there were bees everywhere.  But I made it up there and felt very accomplished!
Scott, Kelsey, and I
Then it was time for the big slide.



It was SOOOO much fun!  I hope that Josh and I can go back to Mt. Carmel Falls soon.  I know that Josh would have such a good time sliding on the rock slide.  Poor guy, he has yet to see a waterfall in Grenada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment