Aug 3, 2011

St. George's

Last Friday, my friend Kelsey was kind enough to take me on a little sight-seeing tour of the city of St. George's.  It is the capital of Grenada and about a 15 minute drive from where we live. The city is a little chaotic and I don't know if I'd be ready to venture there alone yet, but it was definitely fun to see what is down there.


We went into the produce/spice market.  I didn't buy anything because most of it was similarly priced to the IGA, but two guys did reach out and grab my ponytail.  Very Weird.  I think Grenadian people are really intrigued by "white girl" hair and apparently, they don't understand the concept of personal space.

A view from the top.
We then proceeded to the local fish market.  Kelsey planned to cook some fresh caught fish for dinner.  I would have considered buying some fish if not for three reasons:
1. I don't know how to cook fish.
2. I'm not sure if I even LIKE fish.
3. If I could have stood in the fish market for longer than 5 minutes without feeling like I had to vomit.

A little mahi mahi

Scales flying everywhere! Yuck!
So needless to say, there was no fish buying for me. Maybe on another day. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment