Nov 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We celebrated our second Thanksgiving in Massachusetts, Rory's first Thanksgiving, and the first time Josh hasn't been working on a major holiday since last Christmas on Thursday.  But truth be told, I always get a little sad on holidays, especially when I'm FaceTiming with my family back in California, wishing we could be with them to celebrate holidays exactly as I always did growing up.  It's always hard to be away from all of our family but holidays seem to make it especially challenging.

However, we were so happy to be invited to spend Thanksgiving with my friend Cami and her family this year at their beautiful home in Fitchburg.  We've been very blessed the last two years to have had friends open their homes to us and make us feel like family on Thanksgiving.  Ryan was especially thrilled because she had two little friends to run around with the entire afternoon and even though the only part of the Thanksgiving meal that she actually ate was ice cream, I'd still call it a major success.
Rory was awake most of the day but she was very content to be held and take in all of the action.  She continues to be a relatively easy-going baby.

I failed miserably at taking any pictures of the gorgeous Thanksgiving spread and of course took no pictures of our whole family, but I did manage to get a couple of the girls and I guess that will have to suffice.


We have so much to be thankful for this year.  Two beautiful, healthy little girls.  A full-time job at UMass for Josh.  Great friends.  A beautiful home.  And most importantly, a loving Father who is faithful to meet our every need and loves us unconditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment