Nov 19, 2015

Rory's Nursery


This post has been a long time coming, mostly because it took me an extra long time to finally complete Rory's nursery due to the fact that we didn't decide on her name until she was a day old.  And I'm all about the personalized touches and that's impossible to do without a name!

Her room was initially a huge challenge for me.  I had a hard time feeling inspired to work on it partially because I knew we were moving to a new home around the time I was 27 weeks pregnant and I didn't see the point in doing much until I knew what kind of space I would be working with.  But also because I absolutely loved Ryan's nursery and so I felt like I had already created my dream little girl's nursery.  How could I top that?  I suppose this was the same issue we had in naming Rory, we had already used our top girl name.  Ha!

I wanted Rory's space to be all her own but I also planned to use almost all of the furniture from Ryan's nursery and Ryan's crib bedding.  So initially, all I could picture was Ryan's room with all of the same stuff.  However, I knew I had seen this stunning pink peony wallpaper from Anthropologie while I was pregnant with Ryan.  The problem was we were apartment living at the time and I knew we would be moving for residency so I didn't see the point in investing in wallpaper for a short term amount of time.  I started thinking that perhaps I could use the wallpaper as an accent wall for Rory's room.  Around the same time, Josh and I went to the Brimfield Antique Fair.  I was kind of searching for something that stood out and and could be my inspiration piece for the nursery and sure enough, I came across the most adorable refinished mint dresser.  I knew it would go perfectly with the wallpaper should I decide to buy it and from there, Rory's pink, mint, and gold nursery was born.

Rory's room is my (second) dream room.  It is completely different than Ryan's room, even with the same furniture and bedding.  I could sit in there for days on end and for me, her room is what I imagine heaven feels like.  It is dreamy and peaceful, utterly beautiful and whimsical all at the same time.  And it really was such a joy to create.


















And not to toot my own horn, but I submitted her nursery to Project Nursery's website and it was nominated for one of the best nursery's of November.  If you feel so inclined, please consider voting for her nursery to win!  Also, if you are interested in knowing where most of the pieces in the nursery are from, you can view the room HERE and find links to many of the items.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I hardly ever comment on posts like this, but you did SUCH a good job with this nursery! It's maybe the prettiest I've ever seen, and the wallpaper is just perfect. You have great taste. I even went and voted for it :)

    ReplyDelete