|She's not loving it or anything.|
- Get a photographer: This way you can enjoy watching your 1 year old devour the cake and not worry about whether you are documenting it accordingly. You can find one for a pretty inexpensive price if you just do a little searching on the internet.
- Take pictures outside: Oh my gosh, the cleanup is a breeze compared to trying to do this in your house. Even if you don't hire a photographer, go to your local park and take them yourself. Much better lighting and much better than having frosting dug into your carpet or smeared across your walls! Because let's be honest here, there will be frosting EVERYWHERE.
- Balloons are great photo props: And they are cheap too!
- Make your own cake: This will cut down on your photographer cost and it's really not hard to do. With things like youtube and the baking section at Michaels or Joanns, you can pick up a piping bag and DIY pretty easily. I assure you, I had NO decorating experience prior to making this cake and I think it turned out great! It doesn't have to be perfect, it's going to get destroyed anyway.
- Don't be afraid to let your little one do their thang!: So your 1 year old cries during the photos? So what? Makes for even funnier pictures! They tip over the cake? HILARIOUS!
Photo Credit: Normand-Ashley Photography
Tutu: Simply Elegant
"One" Onesie: Olive and Birdie
Flower Headband: Little Addie's Boutique
Gold Party Hat: Kutie Bowtuties