Feb 23, 2016

Valentine's Day

This year we actually celebrated Valentine's Day in Bakersfield.  We flew into CA late Saturday night and spent most of February 14th recovering from our long travel day with two kids.  However, prior to flying out West, I hosted a little Valentine's Day playdate for Ryan and Rory's best buddies.  It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to have the friends over and I'd be lying if I didn't admit I felt a tad over-extended trying to host a playdate, pack for California, and sew for my Etsy shop but it all got done.  My motto that week was EMBRACE THE CHAOS.  

I baked some ombre' heart sugar cookies and originally planned to let the kids decorate them.  But then I decided to draw the line on the chaos and I decided why on earth would I want to clean up frosting and sprinkles for the next 7 years so I decorated them all myself and just let the kids eat them.  I also stuffed some little goodie bags with a few cookies and the most adorable and delicious, festive pretzel chocolate bites.






We had such a good time and it was so adorable to watch the kids pass out Valentines treats to each other.  It was definitely worth the extra work during my week to see all of these adorable Littles in their Valentine's Day attire.  I hope everyone's Love Day was extra special.



No comments:

Post a Comment