Oct 13, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

I really look forward to October every year.  For some reason sweatshirt weather, pumpkin spice lattes, the leaves changing color, pumpkin carving, Halloween costumes, my birthday, and Hocus Pocus just warm my heart.  For the last two years, we've kinda had to make due without the fall festivities and I've been okay with that because, well, we've been living in foreign countries.  And that's pretty fun too.  But it is sure nice to be able to celebrate fall with all my regular traditions this year. 

We finally had some cooler weather this past week and so Josh and I kicked off fall with a trip to the local pumpkin patch today.  The pumpkin patch, conveniently named, The Pumpkin Patch at Live Oak Canyon is by far the most decked out patch I've ever been too.  It was complete with a tractor, corn maze, gift shop, bounce house, petting zoo, band, food, and every kind of pumpkin available.  You could literally spend all day there.  Our friends Nick and Amy joined us as well as our doggie child Doyle.  We had a really fun time!  It was a much needed day date for Josh and I.

They had some beautiful sunflower fields!





Running away with his "pumpkins."
Amy, Nick, and the Scurlock family

Look closely, Doyle's in the middle.

My handsome little pup.

Josh even suggested we get a bale of hay to properly display our pumpkins!  A man after my own heart. :)

We plan to carve them once it gets a little closer to Halloween.  As for now, they are displayed proudly on our front porch for all our apartment complex to see.

Are you planning to carve pumpkins this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment