Oct 31, 2012

Happy Halloween


I'm sitting at home on Halloween night, watching Hocus Pocus (the all-time best Halloween movie ever in case you were curious) and not one trick-or-treater has come by.  Not ONE!  Sad.  Guess I'll be forced to eat all the candy I bought on my own. Darn.

Josh is busy studying for his oral exam for his Internal Medicine rotation.  Did I mention he's done with IM next week?  Crazy right?  On to 12 weeks of surgery soon. 

So back to Halloween.

We carved pumpkins last night. 

Wait, let me rephrase that statement.  Ahem.  I carved pumpkins last night. 

Josh has never been a fan of pumpkin picking or pumpking carving.  So I guess the fact that I got him to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin was a success in itself.  And the fact that I got him to scoop out his pumpkin was just a bonus.  Getting him to actually carve it would have been a freakin' miracle.

I mean I just don't get it.  He looks so thrilled while he's doing it.  I can't imagine why he doesn't look forward to this every year.



Maybe you have to be an October born baby to love all things pumpkin? 
At least half of our household was enjoying it!
I think my pumpkins turned out pretty cute.  Too bad no one has come up to my door to enjoy them other than me.  Oh well.  Either way, Happy Halloween from the Scurlock's!
 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you, too!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting packages is really the best, especially like this- it was a TOTAL surprise. I thought that our friend was sending me a little note or something, I really had no idea of a package, haha! :)

    Your husband really does look thrilled to be even cutting the top off his pumpkin! I love all things Fall, including pumpkin carving, and I wasn't born any where close to the fall.. haha. Maybe there was a bad experience somewhere?

    Speaking of which- I had been (before we ran out of pumpkin and syrup, haha- and it's not time to go to the grocery store just yet, well, tomorrow, you know how it is here haha) making pumpkin pie french toast, and it is quite good! If you like french toast and pumpkin pie- you will probably love this, it gives just a bit of extra flavor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "he looks so thrilled" comment woth that photo made me laugh. Cute pumpkins you carved!

    The reason I stopped by is that you used to post on Budget Blond's "Wherever Wednesday" sometimes. I missed it, so I asked her recently if I could start it up again on my blog, and she said yes. It kicks off this Wed., Nov 7th, and I'd love it if you could join up again.

    http://texifornia.blogspot.com/search/label/This%20is%20Wherever

    ReplyDelete