Oct 17, 2012

Operation Grenada Child

As many of my readers know, I was heavily involved in the Limes After School Program during my year in Grenada.  And I think it has become completely obvious to people that I miss the children I worked with terribly.  But in the past week or so, I have had some friends inspire me to continue to try and make a difference in this world as well as remain active in these children's lives, even from a distance. 

I may no longer be in Grenada, but I still have tools in the form of public media and lots of friends and family that have been touched by my journey that I can use to help the Limes kids.  With the help of last terms Significant Other's Organization President Sarah and the current Limes coordinators in Grenada Julie and Laura we came up with the idea of Operation Grenada Child.  Our goal is to get 60 shoeboxes filled with Christmas goodies for these precious children who quite honestly might not receive anything on Christmas day.  In fact, last year I specifically remember asking one child if they were excited for Christmas and Santa and he responded despondently, "Miss, Santa doesn't visit Grenada."

If you've ever read my blog and wondered what you could do to help the Limes program, or if you've wanted to find some type of program that you could help make a difference in, here is your chance.  Please go to THIS  link and sign up to send a child a shoebox full of presents for Christmas.  It's only $20.00, but that $20.00 will go a long way.  All the way to the island of Grenada in fact!

If you don't have time for shopping, or it just isn't your thing, monetary donations will be accepted to help with shipping via a pay pal account on the website.  Or, you can send me a check and I will put a box together for you.  And lastly, if money is tight and you just can't afford to make a box, please pass the word along to your friends and family.  Help us spread the news!  You will be helping to make a significant difference in these children's lives.  And it really can't happen without YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment