Sep 13, 2012

Redlands Market

Every Thursday from 6-9pm on State Street in Downtown Redlands, there is a market.  This week Josh and I, along with our new SGU friend Lauren (who is in the midst of her Peds rotation) went over to check it out.

It reminded me of a county fair.  Along with the typical farmer's market style tents, where I of course got lots of fresh produce, there were also many other vendors.

These included food vendors of all kinds including carmel apples, chocolate dipped icecream, cotton candy, funnel cakes, and much more.  There was also a live band, bounce house, pony rides, and lots of other fun tents with knick-knacks for sale.

We got there right around 6:00pm and we were curious if it really would get busy enough for the vendors to make a profit, but sure enough, by about 7:30pm, the street was packed!
It was a lot of fun and it really makes you feel like Redlands is a small community rather than a big city, which we happen to like.  I can't wait to go back and I may make it a weekly trip so that I can buy my produce since it was cheaper than the grocery store!

1 comment: