Feb 5, 2012

On On!

I hadn't been on a hash since the one I did back in September.  You can read all about my first hash HERE.  I always have good intentions of going on these hashes, but somehow when Saturday afternoon rolls around, I find myself busy doing something else.  This week however, I made sure to clear my schedule so that I could participate in the Grenadian Independence Day Hash #717.  Julie and Kevin joined me as virgin hashers and our other friends Laura L., Laura C., Mike, and Jessie made the trip over to Valley View Heights.

 
**I have yet to be able to get Josh to join me on a hash.  He said he had to spend yesterday studying so that he can be clear to watch the Super Bowl tonight.  Priorities!

Now, my first hash was pretty simple.  A walk in the park you might call it.  We were back in less than 40 minutes and I wondered to myself, what is all the fuss about?  However, Hash #717 was no joke.  It was over 2 hours, 3.68 miles, and we climbed over 1,000 feet in elevation and descended 1,000 feet.  At one point, we were holding on to a chain link fence and descending a mountain and I was thinking to myself, you've got to be kidding me!?!? To say that my legs were dead tired is the understatement of the year.  And I've been working out 6 days a week!  But it was SOOOO much fun!  And the view from the top of the first big climb, breathtaking!

A view of Port Louis.

A hot, sweaty, mess of girls.
I had such a blast.  My legs are paying the price today, but it was so worth it.  I plan to go on at least a few more before our time here in Grenada is done.
Before

After
And I plan to get my husband in on the action!  On On!

No comments:

Post a Comment