Feb 22, 2012

Babes and Boats

I spend many of my Saturday mornings at Grand Anse Beach participating in OSO (Orphanage Student Organization) beach days.  Each week they rotate between Queen Elizabeth Home and Bel Air Home and a few weeks ago I was there with the QE kids (I know, I'm a bit behind in my posts).  These are the same kids that the SO's visit on Monday afternoons and I love that we get to see them again every other Saturday for a bit of fun in the sand and sea.



But this specific Saturday was extra special because it was the annual Grenada Workboat Regatta.  It's a good thing I was at Grand Anse Beach for OSO or else I would have competely missed it!  It was such an experience to see all of the boats racing through the water.  It looks like a lot more work than I would have thought and some boats even capsized. They had lots of booths set up with local food and drinks for sale as well as souveniers.  It was definitely worthwhile to check out all the action.

And they're off!



The wind "snapped" the sail and it scared me!
  What I want to know is how I got so lucky that I get to spend my Saturday mornings like this?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment