Sep 13, 2014

Make Way For Ducklings

Ryan and I took another trip into Boston yesterday with some of our Mommy/Baby friends.  We seriously need to do it more often.  Boston is such a great city.  I don't consider myself a big city girl. New York and Los Angeles are fine, but not necessarily my cup of tea.  But Boston?  I could live in Boston I think.  It's a big city, but not overly crowded.  It has a lot of character and it is so clean for a large city.  If it weren't for the high cost of living, I'd ask Josh if we could move their tomorrow.  Well the cost of living and the fact that we don't get to choose where we live for another 5+ years.  :)

Anyway, the majority of the day was spent at the Boston Commons and the Boston Public Gardens.  These are two extremely kid friendly places to go if you are in Boston and are adjacent to each other. The Commons has a fenced in playground for kids and the Gardens has Swan Boats, the duckling statues, and a lake with tons of ducks that LOVE to be fed.

The statues of Mrs. Mallard and her eight ducklings: Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Oack, Pack, and Quack were by far the kids favorite part of the day.  They were garnering lots of attention as they mounted the ducks.  I'm sure you can see why.  Hilarious and adorable I tell you.  There is a book called Make Way for Ducklings based on this little duck family which I intend to buy before we leave MA.


Mrs. Mallard



Full speed ahead Ducky!
We also spent some time feeding the ducks (and pigeons and squirrels) after lunch.  The girls weren't too sure of them yet were intrigued at the same time.  I guess I don't blame them, there were a LOT of ducks!









No comments:

Post a Comment