Sep 22, 2014

Hello Fall

It's really strange, this "seasons" thing.  I've lived in Southern California for the majority of my life where the only evidence of season change is a couple of weeks near the end of October where it starts to get a little chilly and a week or two of "Spring" blooms in March.  My life outlook on seasons?  It's cold in winter and hot in the summer.  Oh, and Starbucks whips out their pumpkin spice lattes during "fall." That's it.  Except for maybe when I lived in Grenada for a year and we just had a perpetual year long summer.

Massachusetts seasons are an entirely different story.  Fall, real Fall, is upon us.   All of the sudden last week, there is a chill in the air which requires cardigans and closed toed shoes, some of the leaves have started to turn a little bit yellow, and the hours of daylight are getting shorter.  And don't worry, the pumpkin spice lattes are here too. :) I keep hearing that Fall in New England is the best time of year and that the color that nature provides is truly jaw-dropping.

Most importantly, we can participate in apple picking, pumpkin picking, fall festivals and much more.  All while Ryan sports some seriously adorable fall attire.  Seriously, toddler sized peacoats and boots?  I die.  And umm hello?  Halloween costume prep is on in full force.  It's about time for me to bust out Hocus Pocus and eat some candy corn, October 31st will be here before we know it!  Fall in Massachusetts is definitely my new favorite season.



Leave me alone shadow. 
Of course, Josh will be missing out on most, if not all, of these fall festivities.   He is on nights the ENTIRE month.  Blah.  A whole month of him working every single night of the week Sunday-Friday has me kinda bummed.  But, 'tis the life of a resident (and his family).  Though I shouldn't be the one complaining since I get to hang out with this silly girl all day.


But, before we jump neck deep into all things Fall, Ryan and I are heading to California on Friday for a week and half of much needed family time.  And considering that the high in Bakersfield tomorrow is 95 degrees, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not quite Fall there yet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment