May 11, 2012

A Mixture of Emotions

Yesterday was such a strange day.  My emotions have been on a roller coaster ride full of ups and downs and loop-the-loops. 

On one hand, I am so thrilled for Josh.  He has successfully completed his first two years of medical school and it's impossible not to be proud of all of his hard work and dedication to his studies.  There have been many nights where I have peeked into his "mancave" at an ungodly hour of the night as he slaves over his books and his computer and thought  I seriously don't know if I could ever do this.  I am so excited for his future as a doctor and I know that he will be the kind of caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and empathetic doctor that we all want to go to.  He's excited for clinical rotations, heck he's even excited to study and take the Step 1 because that means that he's this much closer to being an M.D. and all of his excitement makes it impossible not to be excited for him, for us.

But the other side of the coin is the fact that we are leaving Grenada.  Three days is all that we have left on this little island and while his emotions about being done with school and moving forward are all positive, he knows that my heart is heavy.  Even yesterday, when many of his classmates were celebrating immediately post-finals, jumping on cars, taking shots in the student center, and clinking champagne glasses (yes this was all happening on campus), my amazing husband came to Limes with me for the last day of class.  He was there to support me and to love on the children that he knows hold such a huge place in my heart. 
Love

Our little Grenadian Family

Kyla and Mr. Josh

Little Sassy

Helping BJ with his worksheets

Miguel


Dede passed out mid-class

This child is so wild!

Jade's smile lights up the camera


Oh Miss Kat!

Little Duck


It poured rain yesterday, like buckets.  Probably the most rain in a single two hours that we've had this term. And it started right when we got to Limes.  Maybe it was God's way of telling me that he knows.  He knows how sad my heart is and He was crying for me too.
The Coutain Family got me some going away gifts.

A picture of Dede, Briana, and Jivona.

A keychain, so that every time I look at my keys, I will remember them.


Momma Jill and I



My friend Amy sent something to me that touched my heart and helps make it slightly easier to leave.  She said "Remember that they are God's kids and that He will continue to love them and care for them after I am gone."

It's not goodbye.  I know I will be back someday.  So for now it's see ya later Grenada. 



2 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day, Steph.

    (Sniff, Sniff, Snuffle, Sniff)

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you and Josh as you make the next step on this journey! Transitions are hard...

    ReplyDelete