Oct 5, 2015

Apple Picking 2015

This past weekend, we utilized Josh's first full weekend day off in over a month to go apple picking at Tougas Farm as a family.  Ryan and I had experienced this now yearly tradition last year with some of my mom friends and their kids, but I was thrilled that Josh was able to join us this year.   Fall is upon us as the leaves have begun to change and the temperature highs have regularly been in the 50's so it was the perfect time to head to the apple farm.  Apple picking is definitely one of those Massachusetts fall activities that is quite simply a "must do."  I'm certain that when there comes a time where we don't live in MA anymore, apple picking in October will be one of the things I miss the most.










We also had our friends join us with their two little kids and so a fun day was had by all.  Ryan and her BFF Avery enjoyed the petting zoo animals, eating apples in the orchards, and playing on the giant playground.  Rory slept the entire morning which was fine by me and though she really can't be found in any pictures, I assure you, she was there!










I'm going to attempt to actually bake with a majority of the apples we picked.  Our neighbors made a DELICIOUS apple crisp the other day and so I'm definitely open to any recipes that include apples...you know, because I have so much free time these days. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment